Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Loving Autumn

Well, it's that time of year!  Welcome, my friends, to the first day of Fall!

Autumn really is one of my favorite times of year.  Personally, I think it has a great element of romance to it.  There is a charm about autumn.  And there's just so much to love about this particular season.

Here's a list of some of my own favorite things about Autumn:

*Hot chocolate    (loaded with mini-marshmallows, of course)
 *Halloween    (I mean, come on -- fun costumes and free candy! What's not to love?)
 *Hayrides    (say what you want about how cheesy hayrides are, I think they're AWESOME!)
 *Thanksgiving dinner    (bring on the mashed potatoes! Oh, yeah, and the turkey and stuffing...)
*Pumpkin pie    (don't forget the whipped cream!)
*Pumpkin pie ICE CREAM    (all hail Baskin Robbins!)
*Sweaters    (talk about cozy and comforting)
*"Punkin' Patches"    (it's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!)
*Crisp fall air    (it's just beautiful this time of year, no doubt about it)
*Carving jack-o-lanterns    (even if it's kinda yucky working with all those seeds)
*Scarves and peacoats    (I love autumn fashion!)
*The start of the Holiday Season    (nope, I don't care how much you nay-sayers want to whine about how long the holidays last...I eat it up!)
*Pumpkin bread    (what can I say?  I love my pumpkin products!)
*Jumping in piles of leaves    (the only way to make up for having to rake them)
*Caramel apples    (just...yum!)
*County fairs    (can we bring back this tradition BIG-TIME?! We don't get enough of this pastime anymore!)
*Holiday candy    ('nuff said)
*Scary movies    (what better excuse to snuggle with your sweetheart?)
*Rainstorms    (I LOVE rain!)
*Apple butter    (Oh.  My.  Gosh.)
*Campfires    (roasting marshmallows!)

And, of course...FALL COLORS!

***

So, what's YOUR favorite thing about Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment