Friday, August 1, 2014

On My Parents' Wedding Anniversary

For nearly thirty years, sitting on the shelf in our living room was a small white book.  Inside were dozens of 5X7 photos from my parents' wedding day.

I cannot begin to count the number of times I looked through that album!  It was one of my favorite books.  I loved everything: the dress, the flowers, the cake...and especially the joyously smiling faces of both Bride and Groom.

Those memories are precious.  I wasn't there, it wasn't my own memory.  But I almost felt like I was at times -- those images captured so many aspects of that happy, happy day.  For that is what photographs are meant to do.  They are tangible memories.  Past moments brought back to the present.  Each photo has its own story attached.

Now I am the wedding photographer, capturing other brides' stories.  And somehow, every time I photograph a new wedding celebration, I still think of that little white book that I pulled from the shelf day after day.

***

To see more of what I do, come and visit my website!  Book your own wedding and have a romantic capture your special day in a way that will last.
http://www.simpleelegancebylaura.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment